To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Sport (Working in Sport), learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units and 1 optional unit.
To be awarded the Level 2 Diploma in Sport (Working in Sport), learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units and 4 optional units. These qualifications consist of 3 graded mandatory units:
- Participating in sport (6 credits)
- Understanding business in sport (6 credits)
- Preparing to work in the sport and leisure industry (6 credits) and 15 graded optional units:
- Sports coaching (6 credits)
- Physical fitness and injuries in sport (6 credits)
- Performance analysis for sport (6 credits)
- Psychology for sports performance (6 credits)
- Outdoor and adventurous activities (6 credits)
- Planning and running a sports event (6 credits)
- Sports volunteering (6 credits)
- Work experience in the sports industry (6 credits)
- Plan and set up an enterprising sport business (6 credits)
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise (6 credits)
- Introduction to healthy exercise and nutrition (6 credits)
- Introduction to sports massage (6 credits)
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity (6 credits)
- Sport and society (6 credits)
- Plan, deliver and evaluate an activity session (6 credits)
Entry Requirements top
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
Each learner is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. On completion of each unit learners must declare that the work produced is their own.
Professional Opportunities top
This course is aimed at individuals who may be considering a career within or associated with the sporting industry. It may also be used as an entry requirement for the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport.