This qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer in a variety of settings.
Entry Requirements top
GCSE Grade 4 or above in any subject.
Course work and practical assessments including units on:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Maximising the customer experience in a gym environment
- Supporting client health and well-being
- Conducting client consultations and gym inductions
- Planning and reviewing gym-based exercise programmes
- Instructing and supervising gym-based exercise programmes
Professional Opportunities top
Learners successfully completing this qualification will be able to gain entry to the CIMSPA Exercise and Fitness Directory as an Affiliate Member.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 2 Awards for Instructing Core Group Exercise (Cycling, Kettlebell Training, Circuit Training, Suspension Training)
- Level 3 Sport and Physical Activity suite
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Diploma in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Apprenticeship in Personal Training.
Other potential roles at this level could include:
- Membership Sales Consultant
- Leisure Industry Sales Assistant
- Sports Coach
- Gym Manager/Owner
Further Information top
Course Start Date: 3rd March 2023
Course End Date: 30th June 2023
Come and enrol with us for an immediate start on Wednesday February 22nd, between 10am-2pm.