This course is aimed at anyone who is interested in becoming a fitness instructor and instructing clients through fitness classes. This course will give you the relevant skills and knowledge required to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions within the gym setting.
This course is made up of six units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
Students wishing to enroll on this programme need a keen interest in a fitness career and some industry experience of delivering exercise sessions. Learners with no experience may be required to complete the level 1 exercise studies prior to the Certificate in Fitness Instructing to develop the relevant skills and experience required.
This course will involve both theory work which will be completed in the form of a workbook as well as practical observations.
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will be able to gain access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2.