This course will offer the students opportunities to study various aspects and topics within the Public Services such as; leadership, teamwork, employability skills and outdoor adventurous training and activities.
The Level 3 Diploma for Entry to Uniformed Services is a one year course and consists of 4 Mandatory units plus 2 optional units that provide for a combined total of 60 credits to attain the sub diploma. To attain the full diploma with a further 60 credits in the second year you need to study a further 6 units.
Mandatory units: 10 credits each
- Unit 01 Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service
- Unit 02 Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services
- Unit 03 Develop leadership skills
- Unit 04 Equality, diversity and inclusion
Optional units: 10 credits each
- Unit 05 Uniformed services hierarchy and routine
- Unit 06 Values and standards
- Unit 07 Mental and physical wellbeing
- Unit 08 Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
- Unit 09 Telecommunications in the uniformed services
- Unit 10 Understand conflict management and personal protection
- Unit 11 The influence of UK government, international organisations and the media on the uniformed services
- Unit 12 Collaboration between uniformed services
- Unit 13 Emergency planning and response in the uniformed services
- Unit 14 Understand the impact of war and conflict on uniformed services
- Unit 15 Sports coaching
- Unit 16 Skills for land-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Unit 17 Skills for water-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Unit 18 Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Unit 19 Understanding discipline in the uniformed services
- Unit 20 UK legal systems and uniformed services
- Unit 21 Crime scene investigation
- Unit 22 ICT in the uniformed services
- Unit 23 Volunteering in the uniformed services
- Unit 24 Human resources in the uniformed services
- Unit 25 Security procedures in the uniformed services
Level 2 Diploma in Public Services or 4 GCSEs grade 4/c or above
Each learner is required to create a portfolio of evidence, which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes.
The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Public Services is aimed at individuals who may be considering a career within or associated with the Public Services industry. It may also be used as an entry requirement to apply for university (80-280 UCAS points depending on grade achieved).