These qualifications are aimed at practising or aspiring managers and leaders who are typically accountable to a senior manager or business owner. The primary role of a practising or aspiring manager and leader is to lead and manage individuals and teams to deliver aims and objectives in line with organisational strategy.
Role and responsibilities may also include but are not limited to developing teams and individuals, creating operational plans, planning and managing projects, managing change, managing finance, resources and identifying new approaches to business activities, managing quality and continuous improvement as well as managing the human resources function.
The qualifications have been designed for practising or aspiring managers in roles such as:
CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership
Learners must complete at least one unit to a minimum of 40 TUT hours to achieve this qualification..
CMI Level 5 Certificate Management and Leadership
Learners must complete any combination of units to a minimum of 121 TUT hours to achieve this qualification
CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
Learners must complete a combination to a minimum of 370 TUT hours to achieve this qualification.
The Diploma gives you a fully comprehensive bank of the skills and knowledge required to be a manager as part of an organisation, as well as the ability to apply your learning in the context of another organisation or industry sector.
- Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
Entry Requirements top
The Level 3 Diploma in Management, or learners admitted to the programme must have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
Professional Opportunities top
On successful completion of a Level 5 Qualification in Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 5 Award to Level 5 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 Certificate to Level 6 or 7 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Learners who are aspiring to a management role may progress to roles such as:
- Operations Manager
- Divisional Manager
- Departmental Manager
- Regional Manager
- Specialist Manager
Further Information top
Course fees: £1600
Duration: 10 months
Start date: 20th September 21
(rolling programme every 4 weeks after this date)