The Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Barbering is designed for learners who are new to the industry and have little or no experience of hairdressing and barbering. The qualification provides the necessary skills and knowledge that prove occupational competence as a hairdressing or barbering assistant.
- Unit 101: prepare hair services and maintain work areas
- Unit 102: Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- Unit 104: Shampoo and condition hair
- Unit 106: Assist with salon reception duties
- Unit 218: Assist with shaving services
Entry Requirements top
No formal entry requirements
The assessments for the qualification require the candidates to undertake:
- Practical tasks which will be observed
- Knowledge and understanding Exam papers
Professional Opportunities top
On completion of this course, you can progress on to our Level 2 Barbering or Level 2 Hairdressing courses.