This 34 week full-time course offers full training in beauty therapy and make up for those who have decided to specialise in this field. You will have the opportunity to progress to level 3.
The course will cover the following areas:
- 201 Working in Beauty Related Industries
- 202 Promote Health and Safety
- 203 Client Care
- 204 Provide Facial Treatments
- 205 Promote Products and Services
- 206 Remove Hair Using Waxing Techniques
- 207 Provide Manicure Treatments
- 208 Provide Pedicure Treatments
- 209 Make-up Treatments
- 210 Provide Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments
- 212 Create an image based on a theme within the Hair and Beauty Sector
- 216 Reception Duties
We know that having good qualifications alone doesn't always make you stand out.
That's why we're all about going the extra mile with you.
Studying with us means practical, hands-on workshops, group sessions, expert guest speakers, visits to local employers, wellbeing drop-ins, chill out time ... the list goes on.
As part of the course, you will also take part in an external work placement to help you develop your confidence and skills to stand out from the crowd.
Level 1 in a related subject and an interview with our beauty therapy staff or 2 D (3) grades at GCSE.
Assessment covers both the practical aspects of the units and their underpinning theoretical knowledge.
Successful students can progress onto City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.