This 38-week course is aimed at Hospitality Managers, Heads of Departments, Kitchen Manager, Head Chef and Executive Chef. Learners will be required to build a portfolio of evidence from work-based practices.
- 401 Manage the performance of teams and individuals
- 402 Work as part of a hospitality management team to achieve strategic goals
- 403 Manage compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements in hospitality
- 404 Manage own professional development within an organisation
- 405 Manage purchasing costs in hospitality
- 409 Manage a team meeting
- 411 Devise and implement training and development plans
- 429 Design, implement and manage a food safety management system
- 431 Develop menus to meet the organisation’s cost requirements
- 434 Current hospitality industry and food trends
Level 3 hospitality based qualification or equivalent industrial experience
Assessment covers both the practical aspects of the units and their underpinning theoretical knowledge. Learners will be required to build a portfolio of evidence from work-based practices.
The qualification can lead to a range of hospitality leadership careers. This could be as heads of department in hotels and contract catering establishments, restaurant managers, kitchen managers and leaders in the events and leisure sector.
The staff are busy making preparations for the start of your Level 4 programme in September 2020.
Covid-19 has challenged the delivery of professional programmes across the college but we have developed an effective approach to your programme of study, blending face-to-face and online teaching. Our experience has shown that this new method of teaching opens new learning opportunities for all, enabling you to develop graduate skills such as time management, workload prioritisation and effective research skills.
This academic year you will have an induction as part of your welcome to the college, this will allow you to get to know your peers and the staff. This year some of the experience will be delivered online using Microsoft Teams but there will be a chance to meet up with fellow students and teaching staff. We will ensure that we will maintain your health and safety through meeting social distancing guidelines.
We will be taking a hybrid approach to your learning where we will blend learning on campus with online learning and assessment resources. In classrooms for small group teaching and online for some lectures, interactive activities and discussion groups. You will have access to all the support and guidance you need both on and off campus. Our priority is to offer a supportive and safe learning environment that enables all learners to progress successfully with their studies.
For any further questions please see the contact details below;
Course fee: £3345
Start date: 07/09/21