The Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Barbering is based on the National Occupational Standards for Barbering. It is a job ready qualification which requires learners to demonstrate in the workplace the skills and knowledge required in the barbering industry.
During this course the following units are completed
- unit 205: Advise and consult with clients
- unit 206: Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- unit 207: Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- unit 214: Cut men's hair using basic techniques
- unit 215: cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- unit 216: dry and finish mens hair
- unit 217: Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
Entry Requirements top
Level 1 in related subject or a minimum of two GCSE grades D (3) or above. With an interview with Hairdressing staff. You will need to bring your own clients/models for each session.
The assessments for the qualification require the candidates to undertake:
- Practical tasks which will be observed
- Knowledge and understanding written exams
Professional Opportunities top
Progression to Hairdressing Level 3 Barbering.
Further Information top
Kit will be provided. Work experience is necessary