The aim of the course is to introduce a wide variety of electrical equipment found on board vessel. You will then carry out a range of maintenance activities using various maintenance techniques. You will be challenged with fault finding exercises where continuous assessment techniques will be used before end point assessment.
The course covers the requirements of Marine Electrical Maintenance.
Topics will include:
- Electrical safety and test instruments
- Switchboards, switchgear and protection
- Circuit and wiring diagrams
- AC generator operation and control
- AC motor operation and control including computer controlled drives
- Lighting and low power equipment
- Cable terminations
- Circuit fault finding
The Faculty has extensive electrical power equipment and simulation which is arranged into useful practical tasks for the understanding of operation, control and fault finding.
The course is designed for serving Marine Engineers or ETOs.
In course continuous assessment and end test.
This course will run for a two-week period from 5th December 2022. To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org