The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity (Sports Coaching) provides an opportunity for learners who would like to gain employment in the sport sector, including the fitness, leisure, education and coaching industries.
You'll develop the knowledge, understanding and practical skills required for employment in various sporting disciplines such as; coaching, teaching, instructing and sports development. You'll also cover practical coaching and units in the field of sports science: nutrition, sport psychology, the working environment and practical team sports.
Units include (but not restricted to):
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle (J/508/4583)
- Preparing for a Career in Sport and Physical Activity (D/508/4637)
- Sports Coaching (D/508/4122)
- Practical Team Sports (D/508/4587)
- Practical Individual Sports (H/508/4588)
- Coaching Special Populations (R/508/4635)
- Technical and tactical skills in sport (M/508/4593)
- Psychology for Sports Performance (K/508/4592)
- Analysis of Sports Performance (A/508/4600)
- Sports Nutrition (Y/508/4622)
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise (H/508/4591)
- Assessing Risk in Sport (F/508/4582)
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (L/508/4584)
- The Physiology of Fitness (K/508/4589)
- Fitness Training and Programming (D/508/4590 )
- The Athlete's Lifestyle (T/508/4594)
- Current Issues in Sport (A/508/4595)
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise (F/508/4596)
- Sports Injuries (J/508/4597)
- Sport Development (L/508/4598)
- Leadership in Sport (R/508/4599)
- Ethics and Values in Sport (F/508/4601)
- Business in Sport (J/508/4602)
- Sport and Exercise Massage (L/508/4603)
- Organising Sports Events (R/508/4604)
- Applied Strength and Conditioning (D/508/4606)
- Personal and Professional Development (D/508/4623)
- Performance Management in Sport and Physical Activity Businesses (Y/508/4619)
- Work Experience in Sport (Y/508/4586)
4 GCSEs at Grade C (4) including English Language or full Level 2 in Sport at Merit and interview with Sport staff.
A series of assignments linked to individual tasks which can include reports, diaries, leaflet design, practical performance and observations. Students are also provided with opportunities to complete recorded reflective discussions and audio recorded answers.
A NCFE Diploma develops learners' skills and understanding of work within a vocational context. The completion of this course can lead to students gaining places on University courses. These opportunities extend to enabling students to study at undergraduate level at South Tyneside College on the Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching in partnership with the University of Sunderland.