This course will offer the students opportunities to study various aspects and topics within the Public Services such as; leadership, teamwork, employability skills and outdoor adventurous training and activities. The level 2 is a one year course providing theoretical understanding alongside practical application of all services
- Investigate Employment in the Uniformed Services
- Physical Fitness for the Uniformed Services
- Develop Team Working and Problem Solving Skills
- Health and Safety in the Uniformed Services
- Health and Hygiene in the Uniformed Services
- Follow Uniformed Service Routine
- Exploring Equality and Diversity for the Uniformed Services
- Carry Out Map Reading and Navigation
- Undertake Adventurous Activities
- Participate in Competitive Sports
- Explore the Use of Telecommunication in the Uniformed Services
- Explore Volunteering and Volunteering Opportunities
2 GCSEs Grade D (3) or above
Assessment is by a combination of submitted assignments and practical tasks that are internally assessed and then externally verified.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services is aimed at individuals who may be considering a career within or associated with the Public Services (Uniformed) industry. It may also be used as an entry qualification for the BTEC Level 3 Diploma Public Services.