The aim of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health. By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of mental health in children and young people.
- Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
- Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
There are no formal entry requirements, however learners are required to have a good standard of spoken and written assessments. Learners must be over the age of 16.
The course is assessed by your assessor using either an online platform or building a portfolio of evidence using a range of assessment methods such as written assignments or professional discussions.
Completion of this qualification would support progression onto further qualifications such as the Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, and may support progression into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.