This qualification develops and demonstrates the knowledge and skills you need to find your first job in food and beverage service or progress into a supervisory or managerial role.
This qualification is ideal for anyone working in food and beverage service who wants to validate their experience with a qualification. Including school-leaver wishing to pursue a career within a hospitality customer facing role.
Modules studied within Level 2 Diploma Food and Beverage Service:
- 101 Maintain a safe secure working environment
- 104 Work effectively as part of a team
- 201 Give customers a positive impression
- 204 Maintain food safety when holding, storing, and serving food
- 206 Prepare and clear areas for table service
- 207 Serve food at the table
- 211 Prepare and clear the bar
- 217 Prepare and dispense instant hot drinks
- 261 Resolve customer service problems
- 205 Maintain and deal with payments
- 666 Employment rights and responsibilities
School-leavers will require GSCE grade 4 (under 19) and 19+ learners will require an interview prior to enrolling.
Ongoing assessment through practical and theory assessment. You will build-up a portfolio of evidence to support your assessment.
Learner can progress on Level 3 diploma within Food and Beverage or alternatively focus upon their supervisory leadership develop by progressing on Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership. Occupational opportunities are employment as wait-staff within e.g., hotels, restaurants, stadiums, and bars. In additional Apprenticeships to develop your skills with an employer and maintain the college academic experience.