This qualification is intended to provide an understanding of the sector and the vocational skills and knowledge required at level 2 standard. It also provides an awareness of the range of jobs and work settings in the sector and will enable candidates to make informed decisions about careers in the sector. Candidates will cover a range of hairdressing skills and will be expected to work on paying clients.
This course includes the following practical hairdressing services:
- Working in the hair industry
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Promote products and services
- Cut women's hair
- Colour and lighten women's hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Style and dress hair
- Creating an image
- Reception duties
2 GCSEs grade D (3) or above. You may also be required to complete a practical skills assessment.
The assessments for the qualification require the candidates to undertake:
- Practical tasks
- Practical assessments carried out on paying clients
- Knowledge and understanding online tests and assignment work
Progression on to level 3 Hairdressing, level 2 Barbering and level 2 Beauty Therapy.