With so much choice available selecting a course to study can be a huge decision. Rest assured choosing South Tyneside College as your place of study is a big step towards changing your life.
We are renowned for our friendly and welcoming atmosphere we offer to all of our students, but there is so much more to South Tyneside College...
- Thousands of students choose to study at South Tyneside College every year - from the local community, across the UK and over 30 countries worldwide
- A commitment to quality that is second to none
- A strong track record of success and we’re very proud of the achievements of our students, both academic and personal
- Outstanding employers links – helping you improve your career prospects
- High quality student support, advice and guidance
- A commitment to ensuring that we do everything possible to help you achieve your full potential and fulfil your aspirations
- We value all people equally, foster an ethos of mutual respect and promote equality of opportunity
- We aim to be excellent in all that we do through continuous innovation and quality improvement, best practice and releasing the potential of all of our staff
- We work in partnership with others to maximise the benefit for learners and to develop the skills needed in the local, regional and national economy
We look forward to welcoming you and allowing you to see for yourself why South Tyneside College is a great place to be!
South Shields Marine School
(part of South Tyneside College)
We are proud to be a world-renowned centre of excellence for marine education and training. Established in 1861, we offer programmes across the whole spectrum of marine education and nautical sciences, including navigation, operations, marine and electrical engineering, communications and catering.
We cater for all levels of education and training from deck, engine and ET rating, maritime apprenticeships, all officer trainee programmes through to senior officer certificate and up to an honour degree level. We also provide an extensive range of short courses for the marine offshore markets.
Our highly experienced and knowledgable team have a wealth of industry experience, so they understand the needs of employers from a broad spectrum of maritime industries from marine to offshore sectors. We can tailor our training to the specific needs of employers and we pride ourselves on our ability to respond quickly to the legislative requirements and to meet the needs of the industries, companies and individuals we serve.