Would you like to feel more confident when managing first aid for your child/grandchild or children you care for? Have you a knowledge of first aid but ask whether this is still relevant when dealing with young children? Perhaps your current employment involves spending some of your time with children and you are unsure how to respond to an accident or illness. This 12 hour course will give you the basics of how to deal with common childhood accidents and illnesses.
The six week programme will be based around the following topic areas:
1. Why is first aid important?
2. Getting to know about CPR and the recovery position.
3. Responding and managing bleeding.
4. An introduction to the treatment of burns.
5. How to recognise a sprain, strain or fracture.
6. Understanding common ailments, epilepsy, meningitis and anaphylaxis.
No formal entry requirements.
After completing the course successful applicants may wish to apply for other short courses, such as, the ‘Introduction to Supporting Teaching and Learning’ or ‘Helping your primary school child with mathematics and English’. Similar part-time courses include ‘Supporting Teaching and Learning (STL) level 2’ one year programme