The purpose of this qualification is to give learners currently working or intending to work in adult health and social care an awareness of a range of common health conditions. Learners may then progress to additional qualifications to gain a more in-depth understanding of specific health conditions.
Experience of the health and social care sector is desirable, however the course can also be assessed by those interested in the field of health and social care or where content supports a CPD opportunity. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved a level 1 qualification in a health and social care related area.
A portfolio of evidence will be produced to meet the learning outcomes expected in the qualification. These will be returned to college via email by the candidate and feedback will be returned the same way.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- NCFE Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- NCFE Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- NCFE Level 2 Stroke Awareness
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care