These qualifications are designed for managers to support the development of their leadership and management skills in personal development, leadership, management resources, information, performance, customer and market awareness.
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership you must complete five of the following units:
- Unit 5001 Personal development as a manager and leader
- Unit 5002 Information based decision making
- Unit 5003 Performance management
- Unit 5004 Resource management
- Unit 5005 Meeting stakeholder and quality needs
- Unit 5006 Conducting a management project
- Unit 5008 Marketing planning
- Unit 5011 Managing recruitment and selection
- Unit 5013 Leadership practice
Learners admitted to the programme must have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
Methods of assessment will include assignments, case studies, presentations, group work and a work based project.
The qualifications provides opportunities for progression to other qualifications at the same or higher levels, e.g. Extended Diploma, CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, which could also be work-based or more academically structured. The qualification also supports learners in meeting the requirements for work and/or employment within all areas of management and leadership.