This level will suit you if you've worked in the hospitality industry for some time - you have plenty of experience, and you might already supervise others or manage resources. You want to develop your knowledge and skills, perhaps to move into a management role within the sector.
You complete five core units:
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Provide leadership for your team
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment.
You also choose a number of optional units from a wide range that includes:
- Supervise reception services
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Contribute to the development of a wine list
- Contribute to promoting hospitality services and products.
Completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery.
Assessment measures a candidates competence in practical performance. In other words, we assess whether you really can do the jobs required and if you understand how and why these jobs are done.
This will normally be achieved by observing you working in a situation which resembles, as closely as possible, the real work place. In addition to the practical skills, a person must possess relevant underpinning knowledge in order to successfully achieve a unit and prove total competence. This will be assessed by written and oral questioning.
This qualification is for those learners who are wanting to exceed in the Hospitality and Catering industry and step into the next level of supervision and leadership. This will enable learners to progress in the industry to start leading and managing their own team effectively while also gaining the skills and knowledge required to contribute to managing resources and procedures within the workplace.