This 38-week course is aimed at Hospitality Managers, Heads of Departments, Kitchen Manager, Head Chef and Executive Chef. Learners will be required to build a portfolio of evidence from work-based practices.
- 401 Manage the performance of teams and individuals
- 402 Work as part of a hospitality management team to achieve strategic goals
- 403 Manage compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements in hospitality
- 404 Manage own professional development within an organisation
- 405 Manage purchasing costs in hospitality
- 409 Manage a team meeting
- 411 Devise and implement training and development plans
- 429 Design, implement and manage a food safety management system
- 431 Develop menus to meet the organisation’s cost requirements
- 434 Current hospitality industry and food trends
Level 3 hospitality based qualification or equivalent industrial experience
Assessment covers both the practical aspects of the units and their underpinning theoretical knowledge. Learners will be required to build a portfolio of evidence from work-based practices.
The qualification can lead to a range of hospitality leadership careers. This could be as heads of department in hotels and contract catering establishments, restaurant managers, kitchen managers and leaders in the events and leisure sector.