This course is aimed at those looking to enhance their massage skills or those new to massage who are seeking a career around the sports industry. This is an industry requirement to practice as a sports massage therapist and developing a career in this field.
This course is made up of 5 units which are all mandatory;
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage - USP41
- Principles of health and fitness - USP42
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction - USP43
- Professional practice in sports massage - USP44
- Sports massage treatments - USP45
There are no formal entry requirements although an interest in anatomy would be an advantage as well as some knowledge of sport.
This qualification will be delivered, assessed and assured in line with the:
- CNHC code of conduct, ethics and performance
- Skills for Health's QCF assessment principles
- VTCT assessment guidance and evidence requirements
You will be assessed through a series of practical activities both in college and at sporting events as well as practical assignments
Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work as a sports massage therapist.
There will also be an opportunity to further your skills by progressing onto level 4 sports massage.