This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge in this area, who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
This course is made up of five units:
- Explore the principles of healthy eating
- Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
Learners wishing to apply for the course should hold at least a Level 1 qualification in literacy as you will be expected to write answers for assessment purposes.
You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge in relation to nutrition and health.
Upon completion of this course, learners will have enhanced their knowledge in the field of nutrition which could enhance employment prospects, current work i.e. Fitness Instructor or progress onto further training.