This course is broadly equivalent to 3 GCSE AS Levels and is particularly suitable for those interested in music performance, music technology and the music industry.
The course provides a programme of study manageable in a year so that learners can bank and then build on their achievement, and will give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
You will study a range of subjects such as music performance, producing live sound and recording music, the music industry and music theory. There are also many regular performances during the academic year at South Tyneside College's music venue and at external venues.
- Unit 8: Concert Production and Staging
- Unit 14: Listening Skills for Music Technologists
- Unit 15: Live Music Workshop
- Unit 17: Marketing and Promotion in the Music Industry
- Unit 23: Music Performance Techniques
- Unit 25: Music Production Techniques
- Unit 30: Pop Music in Practice
- Unit 39: The Sound and Music Industry
- Unit 40: Working and Developing as a Musical Ensemble
Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A* - C or above plus either grade four instrument or voice, or a successful audition.
Units are assessed throughout the course and both internally and externally moderated.
You can progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Venue Performing and Studio Studies.