The course is aimed at candidates with BTEC National Certificate or equivalent who wish to proceed to HNC. First year units:
- Business Management Techniques
- Engineering Science
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Design
Electrical & Electronic Principles Second year units:
- Digital & Analogue Devices & Circuits
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Control Systems & Automation
BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma in engineering at level 3.Candidates who have engineering experience, but don't have this qualification may be considered, but must have a minimum GCSE grade B / 6 in maths and science. This would be discussed at the meeting with the course leader.
All candidates will meet with the course leader prior to enrolment.
Learners will be assessed through written coursework and controlled assessment.
Students may progress into employment, a foundation degree or gain direct access on to a number of full undergraduate degree courses.