The course covers the requirements of Marine Electrical Maintenance. Topics will include:-
- Electrical safety and test instruments
- Switchboards, switchgear and protection
- Circuit and wiring diagrams
- AC generator operation and control
- AC motor operation and control including computer controlled drives
- Lighting and low power equipment
- Cable terminations
- Circuit fault finding
The Faculty has extensive electrical power equipment and simulation which is arranged into useful practical tasks for the understanding of operation, control and fault finding.
The course is designed for serving Marine Engineers or ETOs.
In course continuous assessment and end test.