The course commences with an induction session to cover essential safety issues associated with increased use of electrical equipment on the ship. Topics will include:
- Review of electrical power concepts and terminology
- Overview of the various electrical propulsion systems available
- Circuit and wiring diagrams
- Power electronics and systems components
- Harmonic and supply distortion
- Electrical machine construction and operation
- System configurations
- System and Machine Bridge operation
- Study of device failure modes and causes
- Introduction to Engineering Simulator
- Operational exercises on Diesel Electric Plant Simulator
- Plant start-up and shut down Half motor operation Fault analysis and investigation
- Development of on-board operational and emergency procedures
The content of the course provides an overview and understanding of the propulsion system operation for practising Engineering and Electro-Technical Officers who may be required to develop operational procedures for a diesel-electric plant.
Courses may be customised to study actual designs from customers vessels.
Assessment is via in course continuous assessment.
To apply for this course please telephone the Marine Booking Centre on 0191 427 3772 or alternatively E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org