Apprenticeships are changing. Prepare for the reform and #ExperienceDifferent at South Tyneside College.
Employees are the future of your business, so it’s essential that you recruit the very best, provide first-class training and offer a rewarding career that encourages loyalty and commitment. Here at South Tyneside College we can support you with all of your training requirements.
Contact the team to organise a one to one consultation on 0191 427 3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What can we help you with?
We deliver the following as part of our Employer Engagement Department:
Traineeships and work trials to identify and support future talent
Apprenticeships including higher level apprenticeships
Workforce development: professional and technical training across a range of vocational areas such as Engineering, Marine Industries, Accountancy and Management
Bespoke training packages to meet individual employer requirements and needs
Short, industry relevant courses such as Dementia Awareness and Food Hygiene
Recruitment and funding support
Prepare for the Apprenticeship Levy with STC
From April 2017 the government is changing the way in which Apprenticeships are funded in England.
All employers with a wage bill of over £3 million are required to pay a 0.5% levy tax
The levy is a tax of 0.5% of wage bill, paid via PAYE
Employers will receive a £15,000 allowance to offset against their payments
Your levy account will be accessed via the Digital Apprenticeship Service.Employers will use this electronic system to pay for apprenticeship training.
The credit in your levy account has a life span of 24 months.
Levy Paying Employer Example
Wages Bill: 250 employees x £20,000 gross salary = £5,000,000 wage bill
Levy Bill: 0.5 % levy tax x £5,000,000 wage bill = £25,000 levy bill
£25,000 levy bill - £15,000 allowance + £10,000 annual levy payment
Non-Levy Paying Employers
Not all employers will pay the apprenticeship levy. If you are classified as a SME with a wage bill of under £3 million then you will be effected by the apprenticeship funding reforms in a slightly different way.
Do you have 50 – 250 employees? If so, from April 2017 you will be expected to make a 10% co-investment contribution towards the cost to train an apprentice. The government will pay the remaining 90% co-investment amount towards training costs to support you to develop your workforce.
Business Admin Apprenticeship Level 2 - Total training cost is £2,000
Employer co-investment paid to STC = £200
Government co-investment paid to STC = £1,800
Do you have under 50 employees? If so, you may be exempt from paying for apprenticeship training. You may also be eligible for additional incentives to recruit and train 16-18 year olds and 19 – 24 year old apprentices who are care leavers and / or have a Local Authority Education, Health and Care Plan.
Not sure how the apprenticeship reforms will impact on your business? Contact a member of the work based learning team for further information on 0191 427 3500 or send an email to email@example.com